Saturday, March 28, 2015

First Impressions (day 28)

Today I landed in Queretaro Mexico. This is a mountain town in central Mexico. As I landed, I immediately tried to place it to another place. It has whether and environment like LA, it's streets are assembled like Spain, and the food style is like China (lots of street food). We also went out to have some tacos. The mole here is amazing, and so are the tacos. I also had one strange type of taco. It's called "Chapulines". These are pickled grasshoppers, and they taste exactly like what they sound like. A bunch of dill pickles wrapped in a tortilla. Overall, my first impression is that the place is very unique and unlike anywhere else I have been.

Some Chapulines
image from:https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2605/4114070940_ecab7fcf0b.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Wow-pickled grasshoppers! I think I'd prefer the pickle wrapped in a tortilla. Feliz comer, Adrian!

    ReplyDelete